This is the first of a series of posts focusing on mediBall® Exercises.
The Single Leg Lift is an easy yet beneficial exercise to get you started.
So enjoy and come back soon for more mediBall® Exercises.
Purpose of Single Leg Lift:
Challenge your balance by minimising your base of support.
- From Seated Base position, lift one leg and extend.
- Alternate legs.
- Keep your back straight.
Exercising on a mediBall® has many benefits including:
- Dynamic Flexibility
- Core Strength & Control and more..
Prior to exercising
Ensure the area is an adequate size, and free from sharp objects &/or other obstacles
- Tongue on roof of mouth
- Head, neck & shoulder deactivation
- Chin tucked slightly
- Activate TVA (pull umbilicus towards spine)
- Activate multifidus (confirm with tape or by pressing fingers against multifidus the back muscles mirroring the belly button)
- Pelvic Floor Activation
- Maintain Neutral Spine
Postural Alignment Check
- Ear, shoulder & hips in alignment
- Knees & ankles in alignment
NB. Fatigue is always the guide to repetition i.e stop, rest & then try a few more reps.
Important Note: Consult your physician before starting any exercise program, especially if you have had recent injuries, surgery, physical problems or if you have been inactive for some time.
Disclaimer: This is a basic guide to improving balance, muscle tone and flexibility. All exercises should be performed with care and caution, if unsure about an exercise please seek professional assistance, we take no responsibility for injuries caused by stretches performed incorrectly. Reproduction of any material without written permission from the publishers is strictly prohibited.